Capita’s Tackling Honour Based Violence (HBV), Forced Marriage (FM) and FGM Conferencecomes as the government amends the Serious Crime Bill to introduce the mandatory duty to report all cases of female genital mutilation, and following the introduction of a new civil protection order that will protect those most at risk.
This event brings together expert speakers from police, education, local authorities, health and the voluntary sector to enhance partnership working and to examine how adopting a stronger multi-agency response can enable prevention, as well as early intervention and support for victims and those at risk.
Attend this event to gain crucial knowledge and make sure that your organisation is fully equipped to deliver effective, holistic services that safeguard vulnerable individuals.
- Keynote: Chaz Akoshile, Joint Head, Forced Marriage Unit
- Keynote: Tim Thompson, Deputy Chief, Crown Prosecutor, and London Lead for Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls, Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Chair: Aneeta Prem, Founder, Freedom Charity
- Sophie Allen, Headteacher, Stonebridge Primary School
- Alison Byrne, Specialist FGM Midwife, Heart of England NHS Trust, and Member, FGM National Clinical Group
- Anthony Stansfeld, Police and Crime Commissioner, Thames Valley Police
- Vivienne Hayes, CEO, Women’s Resource Centre