Forced Marriage and Honour Based violence training
Would you be able to spot the signs of a potential forced marriage or honour based violence victim? Are you up to date with the latest information and guidance on legislation and the principles of victim support?
It is important for all front line practitioners and professionals to be aware and have an understanding of the issues surrounding forced marriages and honour based violence to enable them to respond quickly and appropriately.
There are still many misconceptions and lack of policies and procedures in place to safeguard children and adults suffering from honour based violence and forced marriage.
With the introduction of new legislation in 2013, The Halo Project provides a comprehensive package to equip you with the knowledge of the issues and difficulties faced by victims of forced marriage and honour based violence and help you recognise the signs of a potential victim to enable you to provide an effective service provision. We can assist you on how to deal with cases efficiently and effectively in order to protect the victim’s safety and provide the latest information and guidance on legislation.
The current training options available are:
The Halo Project design and deliver bespoke training to meet your professional needs.
We currently offer:
• Distinguish between a forced and an arranged marriage
• Be able to identify the warning signs of a potential victim
• The “one chance” rule – responding to the warning signals
Guidance for Service Providers - Handling cases of Forced marriage honour based violence
• Understand how to respond to a disclosure of a Forced Marriage or Honour Based Violence in order to protect the victims safety
• Be aware of the do’s and don’ts when professionals are faced with potential victims
• Understand your statutory duties in relation to forced marriage and honour based violence.
• With the current changes in law ensure your organisation is equipped with the knowledge to deal with victims and survivors of Forced Marriage
• Gain a better understanding of the legislation and be aware of the steps that need to be taken in Forced Marriage cases.
• Recognise the impact of the changes on your organisation, be aware of good practice and work within prescribed models of practice
If you are interested in finding out more, call the halo project today.
We are also able to come to your organisation to deliver a training package. Call us now to discuss your requirements and we will deliver a tailored package to meet your specific needs.
For further information on our training programmes please contact us on 01642 683 045 or email us at email@example.com